United Planners is a national wealth management firm that provides financial planning, investment management and insurance services. Established in 1987, United Planners is proud of its true independence and its stance of being “Adamantly Not For Sale” because it is majority owned by its financial advisors. United Planners provides back-office support to independent financial advisors, who then help investors manage their wealth to achieve a variety of goals & objectives. United Planners is uniquely structured as a limited partnership that offers ownership opportunities and profit sharing to its financial advisors and embraces a culture, passion and strategy that caters to the fiercely independent financial advisor community. United Planners is an open-architecture model that offers flexible, efficient and scalable solutions to position its financial advisors to build and manage profitable businesses.
In 1987, United Planners was formed as a Limited Partnership. The original founders of United Planners strategically designed the firm using a Limited Partnership structure to prevent hostile takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, which we often see in our industry and is extremely disruptive to all parties (employees, business partners, advisors and clients). The original General Partner was Pacific Life Insurance Company, who owned 45% of the firm and the remaining 55% of the firm was and still is owned by the firm’s affiliated advisors who qualify as Limited Partners. This corporate structure creates a unique atmosphere that supports a true partnership with its affiliated advisors since they collectively own a majority share of the firm, share in the profits and can take advantage of the tax benefits.
In 2007, twenty years after inception, Pacific Life sold the General Partnership interest to the executive management team at the time, which consisted of Tom Oliver, Dave Shindel and Mike Baker.
In 2019, Tom Oliver retired and sold his shares to Dave Shindel, CEO and Mike Baker, President, who jointly owned the 45% General Partnership share of the firm. The General Partners are located with the rest of the Home Office Team in the Scottsdale, AZ headquarters and collectively are responsible for the daily operations of the firm. This unique Limited Partnership structure has withstood the test of time while fostering a dynamic corporate environment built on a solid foundation that has not changed since the firm’s inception.
In 2020, Mike Baker purchased the shares of Dave Shindel, who unexpectedly passed away in October 2019. Mike brought three current employees into the General Partner ownership structure: Sheila Cuffari-Agasi, firm’s Executive Vice President; Billy Oliverio, the firm’s other Executive Vice President; and Chad Shindel, the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Having four executives making up the third generation of General Partners in the firm’s history ensures the stability and longevity of the Partnership for years to come.
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is to be the premier employee and advisor owned partnership of elite financial professionals mutually committed to exceeding client expectations.
Our mission is to consistently deliver impeccable service while fostering a collaborative personable culture of fiduciary-minded advisors, employees, business partners and associates.
Our continued growth is achieved by attracting and retaining the “Ideal Advisor” through dynamic open-architecture platforms and technologies built to increase efficiency while offering business and practice management solutions that result in valued and trusted relationships between the home office, our advisors and their clients.
Securities offered through United Planners Financial Services, Member: FINRA, SIPC.
Advisory services offered through CAPITAL DIMENSIONS. Capital Dimensions and United Planners are not affiliated.
The registered UP representative associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact
securities business with residents of the following states:
Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, California, Illinois, Maryland, Montana, Oregon, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Vermont.